What is Aranmula Kannadi – Why It is world famous, What is the importance of aranmula kannadi?
The exquisite Aranmula Mirror or “Aranmula Kannadi” is a very special type of metal mirror produced only in Aranmula, a village in the state of Kerala in India. Aranmula metal mirror is a precious inherited gift. The mystery of its production is a family gift handed over through generations. Indeed, the ancient art of making metal mirrors is still practiced, without modification, by a few family-based artisans in Aranmula (One being Thikkinampallil family). The manufacture of Aranmula Kannadi has been a zealously guarded secret of a handful of these surviving artisans.
Aranmula metal mirror is a rare piece of craft that had existed even during the Vedic period of Indian history. The myth about the origin and secret of its composition makes it a truly fascinating craft. As traditional as the mirror-making technology is, the artisansâ€™ belief that the composition of the metal mirror is divine and some undisclosed metals alloyed with silver, bronze, copper and tin are responsible for the distortion-free images.
Aranmula Kannadi is :
- Extra ordinary traditional hand made metal mirror, is Famous for bringing prosperity, luck and wealth in to life
- Aranmula Mirror / Aranmula Kannadi is famous for its secretive construction method and uniqueness in the make which get Patent protected with a Geographical Indication tag
- It is the only metal mirror available, Unlike Ordinary Glass mirror , Image from Aranmula Mirror / Aranmula Kannadi is reflected from upper surface of reflecting material , where in Glass mirror image reflected from bottom layer where mercury is pasted . So real image is only captured in the Aranmula Mirror / Aranmula Kannadi.
- Aranmula Mirror / Aranmula Kannadi is one among 8 auspicious items included famous astamagalaya set ,which usually used for very auspicious function like marriage
- Aranmula Mirror / Aranmula Kannadi is impossible to make a duplicated Item, because of its lesser Price, and its make details only known to few people in one family belong to Aranmula and it is kept as a family secret
- Mysteries in its creation, unequalled in its beauty, the Aranmula Mirror / Aranmula Kannadi is a unique object.
- Exclusive to Aranmula this mirror is made of metal, not glass! There in lies its uniqueness and its creation a closely guarded secret. Known to only four families, has been handed down from father to son for generations. Therein lies its mystery
- Aranmula is a little village in the district of Pathanamthitta, which is well known for its ancient temple dedicated to Lord Sree Krishna as Parthasarathy,the colorful snake boat Regatta and the Aranmula Mirror / Aranmula Kannadi.
- The British Museum in London has a 45 centimeter tall Aranmula metal mirror in its collection