Aranmulakannadi.org is an authenticate website for providing everything about world famous Aranmula Kannadi. Aranmula Kannadi is unique metal mirror from kerala. where the metal mirror-making tradition survives ( 14th century ) at the village of Aranmula, Kerala, India. Here, a cast high-tin bronze mirror of 33% tin with highly polished surface or reflective properties is made which is comparable to, if not much better than, modern mercury glass-coated mirrors. Aranmula Kannadi is very traditional beautiful and precious. It is believed that having an Aranmula Kannadi will bring luck and prosperity in to the life.
Aranmula Kannadi is:
- Extra ordinary traditional hand made metal mirror, is Famous for bringing prosperity, luck and wealth in to life
- Aranmula Kannadi is famous for its secretive construction method and uniqueness in the make which get Patent protected with a Geographical Indication tag
- It is the only metal mirror available, Unlike Ordinary Glass mirror , Image from Aranmula Kannadi is reflected from upper surface of reflecting material , where in Glass mirror image reflected from bottom layer where mercury is pasted . So real image is only captured in the Aranmula Kannadi.
- Aranmula Kannadi is one among 8 auspicious items included famous astamagalaya set ,which usually used for very auspicious function like marriage
- Aranmula Kannadi is impossible to make a duplicated Item, because of its lesser Price, and its make details only known to few people in one family belong to Aranmula and it is kept as a family secret
- Mysteries in its creation, unequaled in its beauty, the Aranmula Kannadi is a unique object.
- Exclusive to Aranmula this is made of metal, not glass! There in lies its uniqueness and its creation a closely guarded secret. Known to only four families, has been handed down from father to son for generations. Therein lies its mystery
- Aranmula is a little village in the district of Pathanamthitta, which is well known for its ancient temple dedicated to Lord Sree Krishna as Parthasarathy,the colorful snake boat Regatta and the Aranmula Kannadi.
- The British Museum in London has a 45 centimeter tall Aranmula metal mirror in its collection